Home About Browse Search
Svenska


Andersson, Ann-Sofie, 2011. Stamskador i gallringsbestånd. First cycle, G2E. Skinnskatteberg: SLU, School for Forest Management

[img]
Preview
PDF
1MB

Abstract

This study was conducted on a property with a thinning machine team. The purpose was to investigate in which machine, the harvester or the forwarder, that caused most damage to the trees in six different stands. Different factors, related to the damage frequency in the stands, were checked out. For example: basal area per hectare, thinning strength, tree diameter and the rate of production.
The harvester drivers were also interviewed about how, when and why stem damages occur and how to minimize them.
The study stated that 4.3 percent of the trees were damaged. Out of these 88 percent was caused by the harvester and the rest, 12 percent, by the forwarder.

Main title:Stamskador i gallringsbestånd
Authors:Andersson, Ann-Sofie
Supervisor:Stenhag, Staffan
Examiner:Sundstedt, Eric
Series:Examensarbete / SLU, Skogsmästarprogrammet
Volume/Sequential designation:2011:28
Year of Publication:2011
Level and depth descriptor:First cycle, G2E
Student's programme affiliation:SY002 Forest Management - Bachelor's Programme 180 HEC
Department:(S) > School for Forest Management
Keywords:Skördare, Skotare, Drivningsskador
URN:NBN:urn:nbn:se:slu:epsilon-s-848
Permanent URL:
http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:slu:epsilon-s-848
Subjects:Forestry production
Language:Swedish
Deposited On:04 Jan 2012 13:42
Metadata Last Modified:07 Oct 2012 09:45

Repository Staff Only: item control page

Downloads

Downloads per year (since September 2012)

View more statistics

Downloads
Hits