Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- Epsilon Archive for Student Projects is mentioned
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Epsilon Archive for Student Projects is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Epsilon Archive for Student Projects is restricted to:Special materials: Undergraduate Theses, Student Projects
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications, although they may delay making them publicly visible to comply with publishers' embargos.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by supervisors and in the examination process.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors.
- If Epsilon Archive for Student Projects receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- Epsilon Archive for Student Projects will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- It may not be possible to guarantee the readability of some unusual file formats.
- Epsilon Archive for Student Projects is working with external partners to:
- record preservation metadata
- Epsilon Archive for Student Projects regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may not normally be removed from Epsilon Archive for Student Projects. Any claims for depublication will be handled by the faculty board following the process of the Vice-Chancellor decision of 2011-07-01.
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories, with:
- a link to a replacement version, where available
- a note explaining the reasons for withdrawal
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- Errata and corrigenda lists may be included with the original record if required.
- No closure policy defined.